Monday, October 27, 2008

Richard Simmons, Tony Little and Pumpkin Seeds.

This past weekend a lot of big things happened for Force Fitness and Performance. We were highlighted on the front page of the Herald Times for the Pumpkin Bootcamp, we had a live online Q&A, we had a video posted on the web page demonstrating the workout, we held the first annual Pumpkin Bootcamp (we raised $100 for Pets Alive), and we met with our mentor Pat Rigsby on Saturday to have a little fun and go over a little business.

We were also highlighted in his newsletter that is sent to thousands of fitness pros around the world. It was a great honor for Wil and I to see our names in such a prominent publication.

Needless to say we are a little excited about what is going to happen in the next few weeks for Force Fitness!

Instead of rambling on about what we have done, I have a few tips for what you can do with your pumpkins either after you workout with them or after you carve them.

The first thing that you can do is take all the pumpkin seeds and roast them in the oven. Pumpkin seeds roasted with a little sea salt are delicious. They are also very health providing you with a good amount of protein, healthy fats, and fiber. I have been snacking on them for the last few days and really enjoy having a something a little different.

I would give you the recipe I used, but I didn't do any of the cooking...Luckily I have someone to do that for me as I am attached to the computer working. Alex might have to chime in to let you know what she did to make such great pumpkin seeds.

Well, on second thought, I don't want her invading the blog and posting Martha Stewart recipes on the blog all the time, so I took the liberty to look up a link for you- Pumpkin Seed Recipe

I also like to use canned pumpkin to make some protein pumpkin bread. I take two cans of pumpkin, two scoops of vanilla protein powder, two omega-3 eggs, and stir it all together. I also added a little Cinnamon and nutmeg to give it some spice. I baked it in a Pyrex dish for 50 minutes at 400 degrees. It is a little mushy, but tastes really good. It should fluff up just a bit and have a corn bread like consistency.

Both of these easy recipes will help you to keep the pounds off during Halloween as you are handing out all that candy.

Before you leave, you just have to check out the Pumpkin Bootcamp and see Richard and Tony in action.



Eat your heart out Rich and Tony.

Be Force Fit!

Ryan

No comments: